Saturday, February 7, 2009

Introducing Bentley!

Photobucket

We adopted a two year old Beagle from the Humane Society on the 4th. We actually went to get a female Beagle we saw online, but when we got there she had just been adopted.
We knew the general size of dog we wanted and that was it, we weren't set on a certain breed so we decided to pick out another dog in the shelter. It was very upsetting walking around to see all the other dogs that also needed new homes. How would we pick just one? Little did we know Bentley actually decided to pick us. All of the dogs in the place were barking and jumping all around except our pup, he stood there staring at us just wagging his tail and giving us the "puppy eyes."
We wanted to see all the dogs before deciding on our dog, so we left that shelter and went to two others. But, Little Bentley's face was just too cute to pass up. We went back and finished up the adoption later that afternoon and got to bring our pup home! (here are some pics of the shelter and our prep for a pup)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

We really lucked out! He is the sweetest dog we could ever ask for. Already potty trained, we have only had to teach him the rules of the house. Bentley took to his crate from day one and likes to take naps in it (or in front of the window basking in the sun). He loves to play and sniff everything in sight! Like most Beagles when he is outside his nose is glued to the ground. He grew up with kids and has proved he is great with them (playing with Kaia, Haydn, and Taite....Taite even tried out the kennel with Bentley already inside). He loves to put his head next to ours and stand on our lap. He isn't much of a licker which we love, but shows us all the time how happy he is to be in our house! We need to keep working on his eating and separation anxiety, but they are both already improving. We love our Bentley Boy!


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9 comments:

allieb said...

I <3 Bentley boy! He & Kaia will be good buddies : ) I was serious about babysitting him! ha

erika said...

Oh I love him! He is seriously the cutest dog ever! Hope your feeling better. Glad your's and Brian's adoptions went so well. :)

The Hale's said...

He is so cute! I love that you adopted him. More people need to get their dogs at the Humane Society. I would do that if I EVER wanted a dog but I couldnt handle it. Only when my kids are old enough to help take care it. I cant wait to meet cute little Bentley!

erin and shaun said...

Oh my gosh I'm so jealous! What an adorable dog! I didn't even know you were thinking of getting one! I'm inviting myself over to come and play with him!

The Davidson's said...

Im so so happy you adopted from the pound. Saving one life at a time. I can't wait til we get a house and we will be adopting too. Congrats he is super cute.

Foushee's said...

HE IS SO CUTE!

The House that James Built said...

congrats on the boy!! i love him and love that you rescued him....we got our sadie (remember her?) from the humane society too and she was THE best dog. they really know they got a second chance!!

Lyndsay Fait said...

Summer your little pup is so cute! We will have to take our little dogs on play dates:)
Lynds

Cale and Kim said...

Summer! I love him! All the reason for me to come over and visit! I know we've been talking about it.....i haven't seen your place since you first moved in....boxes and all! Can't wait to meet him!